Taking over the world one grade/fashion week at a time

/
1 Comments
I have just had the busiest week of my life. My first ever London Fashion Week. I LOVED IT. 



Last Monday was T-minus 5 days till LFW kicked off and the Felicities showroom was a crazy place, with constant phone calls, guest lists being finalised, invites all over the place and many trips to the post office. After work on Monday, I hopped on a tube to the O2 to meet my sister for dinner before she saw Taylor Swift. I totally tried my hardest to get another ticket so I could see the show again because she was so amazing! Seeing Abbie was fab but it just a bit rubbish it wasn't for longer! Tuesday at placement was just as busy with lots of designers finalising everything for their shows, and mapping out our way between Somerset House and all the different fashion show venues! Michelle, Kirsty and I ventured to a massive Tesco in Hackney to fill the flat with food and we were basically in the ghetto/the hood/somewhere you don't really want to be. Even the cash machine told us to 'take your cash swiftly.' Never felt like I was gonna get mugged before, let alone in a supermarket! It was funny though, and it doesn't make me love London any less! 

I had a lazy morning on Wednesday because I don't have placement and found out that I got an A for my Finance moodle at uni. Never been so happy/shocked about a grad ever! Ailish who hasn't done maths since third year of high school and who cried about failing the module the whole time I was doing the work, got an A! So obviously this deserved a look around the shops before I went to work at Topshop! 

Thursday was even crazier at placement with lots of running around London getting last minute bits together for the shows and delivering the final invites.I totally understand why the TV show about interns was called 'running in heels.' I was the happiest girl in London on Thursday night when my Mum and Dad arrived for the weekend, and after a long day a huge delicious dinner was amazing. 

Friday was LFW day one and it was all so exciting seeing everything come together! Every day of fashion week Felicities held a media lounge for all the press/buyers/cool people attending fashion week to come and chill, in the amazing ME London hotel. We had been open for maybe 10 minutes when in walked one of my favourite bloggers, Kavita from She Wears fashion! After I got over the initial excitement of actually seeing someone I religiously stalk on blogger and instagram, we ended up chatting for about half an hour and she couldn't have been nicer! Then I had a wee trip across the road to Somerset House (where the LFW designer showrooms and British Fashion Council Showspace are) to collect our passes!!!! A LEGIT FASHION WEEK PASS WITH MY NAME ON. CAN YOU TELL HOW EXCITING THIS WAS. 







My day was already made but when I finished I met my Mum and Dad for an AMAZING steak for dinner, sticky toffee pudding for desert, followed up with a bubble bath in the hotel I stayed in for the weekend. Basically I am a Princess Intern and I love it. 

Saturday started with my LFW pass around my neck, my eyes peeled for some famous faces and a look around Somerset House. The atmosphere was the best thing ever, and it wasn't long before I came across Spencer and Jamie from Made In Chelsea...who by the way are the shortest guys I have ever seen. Maybe a slight exaggeration but the camera definitely adds a foot to their height. The courtyard was fillllllled with the coolest people, and the designer showrooms were full of amazing new designers and their equally amazing collections, including one of Felicities designers Imogen Belfield. 





A quick run up to the Bloomsbury Hotel for 2pm and it was time for the final preparations/walk throughs for the Ethologie by Jasper Garvida, another Felicities designer and his show was incredible! His collection was amazing and I can't wait to get a better look when it arrives in the showroom! I met Suz and Dave for dinner again then had another night in luxury before saying goodbye to them in the morning, sad times. 



Sunday was super busy in the media lounge at the ME hotel, with lots of bloggers and magazine editors to chat with! It was so much fun finally getting to meet people I had talked on the phone with at placement. The end of day 3 and my feet were feeling the pain from standing all day...so worth it though!



The rain finally stopped on Monday and I got some amazing photos of the incredible view from the lounge! I don't think I will ever get bored of London! Allumer, another of Felicities amazing jewellery designers gave me the cutest necklace from her collection. It's a delicate pink chain with a little green bell on the end - so me and I love it.





Tuesday was the last day of London Fashion Week and it was one of my favourites! Everyone was in a really good mood and we had a more chilled fun day - it included Nicole Scherzinger standing next to me and Kerry in the hotel reception...FABULOUS. Her hair looked even more amazing in person! The day ended with one last final visit to Somerset House and some selfies on the roof of the ME hotel. 






My first fashion week was SO MUCH FUN and I experienced lots of amazing things! And I now totally understand why everyone is so skinny... You literally have no time for food. But I loved it and it was the best week and to make things even better I have not only gone and passed my 3rd year semester but done it with a few A's and a B. Theres no stopping meeeeeeeee!



Ailish x




You may also like

1 comment:

  1. This makes me so excited for you! I can't wait to come down!

    ReplyDelete

 photo tumblr_zps75653275.png
 photo instagram_zps8717af2c.png
Powered by Blogger.