Where's the house with the blue door?

/
0 Comments
How have I just finished my third week of placement?! Literally feels like yesterday that I was dragging a suitcase as big as me and a rucksack through Kings Cross.. Crazy. 

This week was my busiest one at placement yet, made worse by the fact I was struck down with the plague aka the cold. Swear its from all the accidental hand-holding/face touching on the tubes. Or just the tubes in general. So many (gross dirty smelly sneezy coughy) people. I need to start using hand sanitiser all the time. It is the lead up to fashion week which is the busiest time for Felicities so its been a week of RSVPing, calling buyers/stylists/publications/agents to fill the rows for our designers shows next week. It can be quite stressful and you have to be really really REALLY persistent in order to get an answer from some people, but everyone just keeps reminding us how good the results will be..fashion shows! I had a moment where I felt like Lauren Conrad from the Hills where I thought I was gonna die from the amount of envelopes I had to lick. Luckily I'm still alive and after a full on sprint to the post box on Friday evening, our first batch of invites are all posted. Successful week. 




I ventured to the laundry room of my accommodation for the first time on Monday and it was a stressful experience. From being so paranoid about dyeing my whole wardrobe pink from an accidental red item in the wash, to not knowing what bits of clothes need to be hand washed... Mumma Suz makes it look so easy! Then some security idiot decided it was time to LOCK THE DOOR at 10pm and I was horrified at the thought of all my clothes being left where anyone could steal them, so we kicked up a fuss and I think he hates us now, but its ok because all my clothes are safe. And clean. And not dyed pink! We have totally got the hang of cooking though, Tuesday saw an AMAZING tomato/sausage/cheese/pasta bake that was one of those meals I just didn't want to finish then on Thursday we ate possibly the best thing ever to be eaten. A fish finger and potato waffle sandwich. With lots of ketchup. Delish. 




London came to a standstill this week when the tubes went on strike! Everyone was stressing out, then there was me, laughing inside, because my placement is just a 25 minute walk away. Fabulous! It did mean I had to get a bus to Canary Wharf for my Topshop shift this week, but it came with some lovely views so I didn't mind. I loved my afternoon in Topshop again, it is such a nice store and a good mid week placement break.




THEN IT WAS FRIDAY. I never really understood the whole 'friday feeling' when I stayed in Aberdeen, because to be honest, I was only in uni 3 days a week and maybe another 2 days I had a little Topshop shift so it was never really that much, but now we're all working 5 days a week, we are literally living for the weekend! I met my roomies in town after work on Friday and we headed to Shake Shack in Covent Garden for a feast. And oh my god it was AMAZING. Their cheesy fries and their vanilla milkshake are the best things I have EVER tasted. Defs my new obsession! It was a cute little flatmate night, and we didn't want to head back to the flat early but we decided to be good and stay in this weekend so we had a little walk around London. Basically we walked from Covent Garden up to Leister Square...and when we arrived all I could smell was chocolate...aka M&M world. Aka heaven. Then we couldn't resist a cheeky frozen strawberry daiquiri from Planet Hollywood. Yum.








On Saturday we explored Notting Hill! I was on a personal mission to find the travel book shop and the blue door from the movie, then was gutted to find out they've painted the door white because too many people went to see it, not cool. But we walked all down Portobello Road market and it was all so pretty and nice and everyone was SO COOL. Then we saw a Humminbird bakery and got some amaze cupcakes, mine was a red velvet and it was the best thing ever! We made a quick trip to Primark en route back to the flat, and I got a onesie and spent the rest of the night in it, stalking my fave bloggers and youtubers, trying to get over this horrible cold. 










My 4th Sunday in London and we finally made it to Camden market! I have never been before so it was cool to see! Now we are back at the flat all cosied up in our onesies and about to watch the 1D movie. You wouldn't think we were 20. 

Ailish x 



You may also like

No comments:

 photo tumblr_zps75653275.png
 photo instagram_zps8717af2c.png
Powered by Blogger.