We had a Wicked weekend

/
0 Comments
No I have not turned into a 14 year old who thinks everything is 'wicked', you'll understand why my weekend was wicked if you keep reading. 

WEEK 8 OF PLACEMENT DONE. This week consisted of lots of phone calls and a few trips to deliver clothes, and ended with macaroons in the showroom. It is so so weird thinking that this time 8 weeks ago I was sitting in my room freaking out about being an intern...and now I'm 3 quarters of the way through. It's even weirder that this time in 4 weeks I'll be back home! 

I got the Friday feeling a day early this week when one of my best friends Kristen came to visit for the weekend. I met her after work on Thursday and we went for dinner, had a few cocktails and ended up booking tickets to see Wicked on Friday night. Loving life! Although it felt like the weekend, it was still a school night so we headed back to the hood for a chilled night.

After what felt like the longest week it was finally, actually Friday and time to be posh girls and go to the theatre. I've loved the Wizard of Oz movie since I was little and have wanted to see Wicked since I became obsessed with the song Defying Gravity after hearing it on Glee, so it's safe to say I was excited! 

The show was AMAZING, and I loved it and now I wish I could sing like the cast. Unfortunately for my flatmates, in my head I have the voice of an angel but out loud, not so much. 




On Saturday we did the best thing there is do to on a Saturday - shopped! Due to my body being so used to waking up at 8am, we made it into Oxford Street for 11 and spent a good few hours there making our way through all the shops. Obviously we couldn't do this on an empty stomach, and since the sun was shining, we had some Frae frozen yoghurt which was delicious! I had Oreos and strawberry and it was so yum. 



After some more shops...too many shops - we are literally the WORST influence on eachother when shopping...we came accross Ben's cookies, and ever since reading one of my favourite bloggers, the Londoners blog post about how amazing they were I had to try one... Triple chocolate of course. So good! 




We wandered down Carnaby St in the sun and ended up inTrafalger Square where we sat in the amazing weather for a while. I love the sun! 





Of course I couldn't have Kristen staying with me and not take her to one of my favourite discoveries...Shake Shack. Ahhhh their burgers are amazing and I won't even get started on the cheese fries and milkshakes! 


I literally cannot get over how delicious the Breakfast Club is, so naturally on Sunday morning we headed to Hoxton for a feast! I had pancakes with berries, vanilla cream and mayple syrup and they were SO GOOD! 






We walked through the Columbia Road flower market on the way back and it was SO pretty. There was literally every kind of flower you could ever want! Maybe not my best idea though since my hay fever has started verrrrry early... So much pollen, so many sneezes. 



After chilling in the sun in Chelsea Kristen had to go home, so I met Fiona and we had some cocktails in the sun....I love weekends in London! 

Ailish x 


You may also like

No comments:

 photo tumblr_zps75653275.png
 photo instagram_zps8717af2c.png
Powered by Blogger.